- Backup and restore your phone contacts without the help of a PC
Have you bought a new mobile phone?
Wondering how to transfer contacts from your old phone to the new
phone? JContactBackup is the easy way out, without the hassles of PC
connectivity. Here is what you can do:
- Install JContactBackup on both your old and new phone (using
GPRS/WiFi/PC download etc.)
- Export the contacts in vCard fromat (text file) in your old phone
- Transfer this vCard file to your new phone (using Bluetooth,
Infrared, SD card, etc.)
- Import contacts from this vCard file in your new phone
Thats all. You can also keep a handy
backup of your contacts in a text file right in your phone. You can
restore your contacts from this file any time, without needing to
connect your phone to a PC.
Note that not all fields in the contact database may be supported by
JContactBackup. You can choose a higher version of vCard format while
exporting to include more fields, but ensure that your new phone also
supports that version of vCard. Otherwise, import process might fail.
You can find out the supported vCard versions in the Export dialog.
JContactBackup is free to use and modify.
JContactBackup requires MIDP 2.0+ with JSR-75 support. Check your
phone's manual to know if your phone is supported.
JContactBackup can be downloaded from here
My other projects
|Fixed handling quoted-printable
and base64 encoding data
|J2ME application to enable
editing of ID3 tags in mp3 files. See project page for details
Report them to firstname.lastname@example.org